Sunday, April 13, 2014

Nathan's 3rd Birthday

When I asked Nathan what kind of party he wanted for his 3rd birthday I assumed he would say Thomas because everything in his life has been about trains for the last several months.
Much to my surprise he said that he wanted a Doctor Who party. My sister, Mary, was already thinking about having a Doctor Who party for her 14th birthday and since their birthdays are only about a week apart we decided to throw a combined birthday party.

Mary and I immediately began pinning ideas on our Pinterest board. We made our own invitations because we knew we wouldn't be able to find what we were looking for. We also didn't have enough time/money to order anything fancy off of etsy, even though there are tons of awesome invites out there.

I was pleased with how many of our ideas we were actually able to follow through on. We decided to have the party at 2:00pm so that we wouldn't have to serve a full meal and so Nathan and Eleanor would be able to get naps before the party. Because of that choice we were able to have tons of hors d'oeuvres that all matched our theme.

We invited a few of Mary's friends from school and some family. Dan's parents were the only members of his family that were able to attend, and on my side we had my grandparents and my aunt and uncle. it was a pretty small gathering, but I think that left plenty of time for everyone to mingle with the guests of honor.

Overall everything went great. I had mutiple people suggest that I become an event planner based on how well everything went. I have to admit that I love throwing parties. I always have. I've actually thought about going to school to get certified (I guess that's a thing?) but as a career it's really tough with family because you are basically working every weekend.

Anyway, without further ado, here are some photos of the soiree.
























No comments:

Post a Comment